OBTAINING THE BORROWED ANOINTING_FROM ZIKLAG TO HEBRON
In our last article, we see that we need to recognize and follow spiritually those who have inherited the anointing without measure, like Elisha followed Elijah in order to obtain the borrowed anointing: a portion of the anointing without measure but limited in scope of application by the level of our spiritual development.
To follow spiritually those who have inherited the anointing of the Spirit without measure: who are walking in the perfection and fullness of Christ (Eph. 4:13), you:
1. Recognize them by their fruit of the good treasure of wisdom and knowledge (Lk. 6:45, Jer. 3:15) and the Spirit without measure in manifestation in their lives on a consistent basis.
2. Esteem them highly in love (1 Thess. 5:13).
3. Practice the instructions of the Word of God on perfecting the love of God by the blood (Heb. 13:20-21), the Word (1 Jn. 2:5) and the Spirit (1 Jn. 4:12-13; 16-18) that they teach and practice (Phil. 4:9).
As you do this, you will qualify to obtain the borrowed anointing without measure in a time frame typified by David’s stay in Ziklag:
1 Samuel 27:6-7 ESV: so that day Achish gave him Ziklag. Therefore Ziklag has belonged to the kings of Judah to this day. (7) And the number of the days that David lived in the country of the Philistines was a year and four months.
David spent 1 year and 4 months in Ziklag and it was from here he went to Hebron and became King (2 Sam. 2:1-4) over Judah only (not all Israel at first).
This limited rule at Hebron typifies the limited scope of the borrowed anointing without measure which is a Kingly anointing since it was the anointing on the Lord Jesus (Jn. 1:49).
So, the time at Ziklag was a time of preparation for David to obtain the limited Kingly anointing.
Similarly, the 1 year 4 months typifies the time it takes to prepare to obtain the borrowed anointing without measure.
The 1 year typifies the preparations of Esther and the virgins to go in to the king’s chambers:
Esther 2:12 MKJV: And when the turn of each young woman had come to go in to King Ahasuerus, after she had been purified twelve months, according to the law of the women (for so the days of their anointing were done, six months with oil of myrrh, and six months with sweet odours, and with the perfumes of the women).
1. 6 months of oil of myrrh: suffering in gradually overcoming the sin-nature in the mind as you pray daily for humility, the spirit of wisdom and revelation and the 7 spirits of God typified in the candlestick representing the individual Christian.
2. 6 months of sweet odours: sweetness of the light (Eccl. 11:7) of revelation knowledge (2 Cor. 4:6).
After this one year, you should now have a personal revelation of perfection and the 7 pillars (or principles) of perfection:
1. The fear of the Lord (honesty and humility of heart).
2. Praying in the Spirit with communion prayer (1 Cor. 14:2) and all kinds of prayer (Eph. 6:18).
3. Binding the devil.
4. Confession of the Word (saying the Word with your mouth)
5. Meditation in the Word (saying the Word in your heart with a determination to practice it).
6. Practicing the Word.
7. Fasting and living a fasted life.
As you practice these 7 pillars as a daily habit diligently over the next 4 months, the divine nature of God through your spirit should make a significant mark: the ‘blade’ or first of the first fruits of the total dominion of the divine nature and character on 4 things: the 3 parts of your soul and your body: will, mind, emotions and body.
Ezekiel 9:4 ESV: And the LORD said to him, “Pass through the city, through Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations that are committed in it.”
Revelation 14:1 MKJV: and I looked, and lo, the Lamb stood on Mount Zion. And with Him were a hundred and forty-four thousands, having His Father’s name written in their foreheads.
The forehead is symbolic of the soul: mind, will and emotions.
Mark 4:26-29 ESV: and he said, “The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground. (27) He sleeps and rises night and day, and the seed sprouts and grows; he knows not how. (28) The earth produces by itself, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. (29) But when the grain is ripe, at once he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come.”
So, it can take about 1 year and 4 months (it could take longer depending on your degree of diligence since these numbers are symbolic shadows) of following, in this way, apostolic leaders walking in the perfection and fullness of Christ with the anointing without measure, for you as an individual to obtain the borrowed anointing without measure, though limited in scope by the level of your individual spiritual development.