Walking in the Spirit
Galatians 5:16 NKJV: I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
The scripture here instructs us to walk in the Spirit so we will not fulfill the lusts or desires of the sinful nature operating either in our flesh or from the air against our flesh and mind.
What then is walking in the spirit?
It is allowing the divine nature, eternal life, in our spirits to dominate and ultimately flush out the sin-nature in our souls and bodies and that operating from the air against our souls and bodies.
Ephesians 2:1-3 NKJV: And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
How then do we walk in the spirit?
By often throughout each day, as led by the Spirit:
1. Asking the Holy Spirit for mercy unto eternal life to be faithful in all you do (Jude. 1.21, 1 Cor. 7.25).
2. Praying quietly in the spirit: in tongues to build up or edify yourself (Jude 1. 20, 1 Cor. 14.2,4).
3. In your heart saying “I take righteousness, peace and joy (Rom. 14.17) and bind the devil (Mat. 12.28,29) in the air now and Father thank you, Lord Jesus thank you and Holy Spirit thankyou”, visualizing (Heb. 11.27. 2 Cor. 4.18) the presence of the three persons of the God-head who are with you (John. 14.23) as evidenced by the supernatural tongues you are speaking (Act. 2. 4). This how you literally pray without ceasing watching in the same with thanksgiving. (1 Th. 5.17, Col 4.2).
The eternal life you receive by the mercy of God, fuels the tongues you speak and the prayer and visualizing in your heart enables you to enjoy personal communion and fellowship with God.
These three things when practiced activate the law of the Spirit life in Christ Jesus and so help you overcome the law of sin and death (Rom. 8.2).
Observe there are 3 parts of the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus:
1. The life of God received by asking for mercy from the Holy Spirit.
2. The power and the wisdom of the Spirit of God as released by praying in tongues.
3. Christ Jesus that you fellowship with as you visualize His presence and communion with Him in your heart in prayer and thanksgiving.
So, by practicing these things the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus will lift you and keep you above the law of sin and death in much same way as the law of lift in an airplane lifts and keeps the airplane above the law of gravity.