LEARNING TO WALK WISELY
KUNLE SOKOYA AND OLUBI JOHNSON
There is a spiritual civil war going on in the Church of Jesus Christ; the house of Saul is seeking to destroy the house of David to try to prolong a reign that keeps God’s people unarmed, easily deceived and looking for power from the devil.
1Samuel 13:19-23 KJV: Now there was no smith found throughout all the land of Israel: for the Philistines said, lest the Hebrews make them swords or spears: (20) But all the Israelites went down to the Philistines, to sharpen every man his share, and his coulter, and his axe, and his mattock. (21) Yet they had a file for the mattocks, and for the coulters, and for the forks, and for the axes, and to sharpen the goads. (22) So it came to pass in the day of battle, that there was neither sword nor spear found in the hand of any of the people that were with Saul and Jonathan: but with Saul and with Jonathan his son was there found. (23) And the garrison of the Philistines went out to the passage of Michmash.
God is raising up, training and fighting with the house of David (Amos 9:11-12) and they are winning this war (2Sam.3:1) and are about to ascend to the throne, so that the Church can conquer ALL the land of the Perfection and Fullness of Christ (2Sam.5:5,7), bring back the Ark of Glory (2Sam.6:17-18) and teach God’s people deep intercession that will usher in godly character and true divine blessings. We are on the winning side!
David is the type of Christian, who is willing to do ALL of God’s will (Acts 13: 22), and this willingness is crucial to knowing God’s will (Jn.7: 17).
Now, David was prepared by God in the courts of Saul. There was so much around to corrupt and influence him, but David kept himself in ALL his ways being aware of the destiny God had for him (1Sam 18:14-16). These two characteristics, expertise in spiritual warfare (Eph.6.12-18) and walking wisely/circumspectly (Eph.5.15-17) helped David escape traps (1Sam.18:25) and grow to command the favour and loyalty of the people; this made Saul afraid and jealous of David, yet unable to kill him. David graduated from the palace into the wilderness school where God taught him how to walk wisely before Him in divine love (1Sam.24:3-7, 10-12) to the point that Saul, whose ambition was to destroy him, joined Samuel to release him into his destiny (Pr. 16:7). Our enemies will say and do what God said; if we walk wisely. It is a strong foundation for our kingship in Zion.
- Passing these tests caused David to be counted worthy of the kingdom he was going to inherit by moulding the Christ-like character into him (2 Thess. 1:5, Col.1:27, Rev. 3:21). God prepares His kings. He is preparing you and me.
- David’s unjust suffering at the hands of Saul gives God a legal basis to punish and incarcerate Satan and judge Saul who colluded with the devil (2Thess. 1:6-9).
- Walking in God’s will advances God’s purpose on earth, makes us invincible to satanic attacks from human vessels and hastens the manifestation of His salvation and glory (2Pet. 3:11-12, Phil. 1:27-29). The sufferings of self-denial to give more time in prayer and the Word and attacks of satanic afflictions speed up the manifestation of His Glory!
We must not be enemies of the cross of Christ (Phil. 3:17-19 MSG, 20-21 NIV).
Watch out for the desire for money, material possessions, position, reputation, privilege, your right and so on (Phil. 3.7-8).
- Make the Agape Love our aim (1Cor 14:1). We must be under Covering of set fathers in Zion (Is. 32:1-2). Samuel’s covering protected David, supplemented his spiritual nourishment and helped him grow in meekness and lowliness of heart (Mt 11:28-30). Without Covering, you cannot do ALL of God’s will. Jesus needed Simeon and Anna’s covering. We must be baptised in Holy Spirit!
- Learn spiritual warfare – Operate 7 pillars of wisdom. Pray with travail & tongues regularly.
- Be obedient to apostolic instruction through fathers (Jas.1:22)
- Diligent watching and praying (Lk. 21:36). Actively grow in frequency; once every 6 hours, every hour (Mt. 24:42), at every opportunity and in every temptation (Mt. 26:41). E.g. David in Ps.55.17
Jude 20-21 – Watching is looking for mercy from God, while praying in tongues.
- Be sensitive to and be led by the Holy Spirit (Jn. 5:30) – the still small voice, every nudge, unease within should be prayerfully weighed in the light of God’s Word (Ps.119.24, 130) BEFORE you act on it.